In 2023, it is natural to see an accelerated growth in the use of these technologies, starting with the increasing integration and use of augmented reality and 3D configuration in mobile and web applications in various sectors, but also due to the widespread capabilities of devices used by the general population. This allows people to use these technologies more and more frequently, with more ease and from anywhere – increasing their utility and convenience which is a critical factor for the success of any new technology.
However, if you think these technologies are only used in games or to create immersive experiences in retail, think again. You should know that the use of augmented reality and 3D configuration is a strong trend for 2023 to increase efficiency and productivity in different sectors, such as industry and construction.
- Augmented reality can be used to provide real-time information to workers, including assembly instructions, training, step by step maintenance procedures, etc.
- 3D configuration can be used to create prototypes, visualise the use of new materials and even assess customer opinions before making significant investments.
- Augmented reality can serve to visualise 3D construction projects in development
- 3D configuration allows the visualisation of different material options to support decision-making regarding colors and materials.
- Augmented reality can be used to create immersive shopping experiences, as digitally projecting products on the body to support decision-making.
- 3D configuration allows for the mass sale of customised products.
See also: Mass Customization, the next step in e-Commerce
- Augmented reality can be used to provide 3D visualisation of surgical procedures or to help healthcare professionals diagnose diseases;
- 3D configuration enables hospital furniture industries to offer customisation solutions.